Five Insider Tips for the Jackson Women's Expo
The Jackson Women’s Expo is just three days away! Whether you’re a first timer, or a seasoned expo attendee, this event is sure to impress. Here are a few tips from the insiders to prepare for Saturday’s expo:
- Get here early! There are 176 booths this year, so you’ll want to make sure you have time to browse all of the variety we have. Doors open at 10am and some of our regular attendees start lining up before 9am. We’ll try to have the coffee ready for you!
- Use the shuttles! While Parkside does have parking available, JPS Transportation is providing free shuttles to and from the expo from Polly’s on Ferguson Rd, the old K-Mart lot on E. Michigan Ave (it’s closed but we are using their parking lot for the shuttles), and at the Westwood Mall behind Walmart off Brown St. This will save you time trying to find parking. Shuttles will be running continuously from 9AM to 5PM on Saturday. We don’t anticipate that you’ll have to wait more than 15-20 minutes for a shuttle.
- Bring cash or use our Mobile ATM! Many of the vendors will have cash and carry items, or will be taking orders. While several of our vendors are able to take card payments, cash is accepted everywhere. If you forget to pull cash out before the event, we will have the American 1 Mobile ATM at the event for your convenience.
- Come hungry! There will be many great food vendors at the event and some will even be giving out snack samples.
- Wear good walking shoes! With 176 booths, there will be a lot of walking around. Wear comfy shoes to ensure you get the most out of the event.
Bonus Tip: Some of our seasoned attendees have come up with a brilliant idea! Since so many of our vendors offer giveaways, come ready to enter. Print a sheet (or three) of labels with your name, address, phone number, and email on them to save you time. Put your labels on the entry forms and drop them in the box!
We are so excited to see all of you on Saturday. This year’s event is one you won’t want to miss!
« Return to "American 1 Blog"