American 1 Awards Scholarships to Graduating Seniors
Jackson, MI - American 1 Credit Union has awarded 10 graduating high school seniors from southern Michigan with $1,000 scholarships for their commitment to altruism and community service. American 1 offered the awards through their annual Community Involvement Scholarship Program.
Each student applicant submitted an essay on the benefits of altruism and how their involvement has impacted the community. The scholarships are funded through American 1’s Skip-a-Pay program, where credit union members can choose to skip one month’s loan payment for $25. A portion of the $25 fees are then used to fund the scholarship program.
The 2019 American 1 Community Involvement Scholarship winners are:
- Jamie Gorman – Chelsea, Chelsea High School
- Natalie Anderson – Jackson, Homeschooled
- Aubree Dickens – Brooklyn, Columbia Central High School
- Emily Goodin – Petersburg, Summerfield High School
- Anna Sun – Canton, Detroit Country Day School
- Madelyn Atwood – Jackson, Northwest High School
- Ajay Bharathan – Canton, Salem High School
- Chance Cauthon – Clarklake, Hanover-Horton High School
- Alexander Dunbar – Jonesville, Jonesville High School
- Hailey Peguro – Battle Creek, Harper Creek High School
Established in 1950, American 1 Credit Union today serves over 59,000 members with branches in Jackson, Washtenaw, Hillsdale, Calhoun, Macomb, Lenawee and Wayne counties.
« Return to "American 1 Blog"