American 1 Community Involvement Scholarships
American 1 awards scholarships worth $1,000 each to Michigan students who will be continuing their education after high school graduation. Applying students must be a resident of Michigan and a senior in high school who is planning on attending some form of higher education. Applicants do not need to be a member at American 1 Credit Union. All applicants must write an essay of 1,500 words or less on altruism.
Congratulations to the 2019 scholarship recipients!
- Jamie Gorman – Chelsea, Chelsea High School
- Natalie Anderson – Jackson, Homeschooled
- Aubree Dickens – Brooklyn, Columbia Central High School
- Emily Goodin – Petersburg, Summerfield High School
- Anna Sun – Canton, Detroit Country Day School
- Madelyn Atwood – Jackson, Northwest High School
- Ajay Bharathan – Canton, Salem High School
- Chance Cauthon – Clarklake, Hanover-Horton High School
- Alexander Dunbar – Jonesville, Jonesville High School
- Hailey Peguro – Battle Creek, Harper Creek High School
Our scholarships are funded through our loan Skip-a-Pay program, where American 1 members can choose to skip one month’s loan payment for $25. That $25 funds our scholarship program, plus other administrative fees.
*Immediate family members of American 1 Employees or Board Members are not eligible.